- New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 3) or equivalent;
- Be at least 16 years old at the time the programme commences;
- Be able to read, write, and communicate in English at a basic level;
- Be physically able to complete the programme specific outcomes.
English Language Requirements:
- Applicants for whom English is not a first language must have and IELTS score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5; or an accepted international equivalence.
This programme prepares students for working in the Hospitality industry which includes kitchen, restaurant and functions supervisors. Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Select and apply staffing strategies to meet performance targets.
- Plan and monitor workflow and supplies in a commercial kitchen.
- Manage operating procedures and compliance requirements for operational roles.
- Manage staff relationships for operational roles.