Tuition fee (entire course)
Other costs apply
About this course
The hospitality industry is diverse and fun, with many various employment opportunities.
- To provide competent employees for the hospitality sector who are able to work as chefs in senior positions producing advanced dishes in a professional kitchen.
- To provide for those individuals who are employed as chefs in senior positions, a credential that will enhance their employment opportunities in a professional kitchen across the hospitality sector.
- To establish standards of professional practice for advanced cookery that can provide customers with confidence in a range of hospitality environments.
The strand in this qualification allows graduates to have advanced general cookery skills.
- Be at least 16 years old at the time the programme commences;
- Be able to read, write, and communicate in English at a basic level;
- Be physically able to complete the programme specific outcomes;
- Hold the New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 4), or equivalent.
English Language Requirements:
- Applicants for whom English is not a first language must have and IELTS score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5; or an accepted international equivalence.