Tuition fee (local)
Contact the university / college
Tuition fee (foreign)
- Level 4 Science certificate or NCEA level 3 including 14 credits in chemistry or biology.
- Students without these qualifications may still be able to enroll depending on their experience.
- For international students or non-English speaking New Zealand residents, English language entry requirements of the equivalent of IELTS score of no less than 6.0.
- Performing common laboratory tasks associated with laboratory techniques
- Working safely in a chemical and microbiological laboratory
- Competently applying principles of laboratory measurement and recording
- Performing aseptic laboratory techniques
- Performing analysis using titrimetric techniques.
- Processes of disease and how microbiological organisms interact with people
- Water quality and how we can determine its safety for use
- Biochemical pathways
- Industrial microbiology
- Organic and inorganic chemistry
- Analytical techniques and the chemistry of water analysis
- Chemical and microbiological safety and operating procedures.