About this course
This programme is theoretical in nature. It provide qualifications for students to acquire skills and knowledge to be a capable technician quantity surveyor by the industry. This course prepares students for working in the construction sector as a quantity surveyor, project manager, and construction supervisor. The skills that will be acquired by the students after this course are:
- Research and pricing of construction and associated work
- Assistance with preliminary estimating and feasibility studies
- Financial administration of construction projects
- A minimum of 4 unit standards from the mathematics subfield at level 1 including three algebra unit standards and one trigonometry unit standard
- A minimum of five unit standards from the mathematics subfield at level 2 including one unit standard in each of algebra and trigonometry domains
- And/Or are able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge and skill
- Mature students will be assessed on an individual basis.
English Entry Requirements
- Applicants for whom English is not their first language require a minimum IELTS score of 6 with no band lower than 5.5, or NZCEL Level 5 with an endorsement of either Academic or Professional.
Let's see what you may also consider
Otago PolytechnicNew Zealand
Unitec Institute of TechnologyNew Zealand