About this course
This programme provides a solid base for employment in the IT industry and a platform for further study. Gain knowledge and skills related to the principles, methods and technologies used in the development and deployment of complex computer based systems. This programme can cross credit fully to the Bachelor of Information Technology. Graduates may enter a range of careers within the business and IT environments
Applicants under 20 years of age
- A minimum of 42 credits at level 3 or higher on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework, including a minimum of 14 credits at level 3 or higher in each of two subjects from an approved subject list, with a further 14 credits at level 3 or higher taken from no more than two additional domains on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework or approved subjects.
- A minimum of 14 credits at level 1 or higher in Mathematics or Pangarau on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework.
- A minimum of 8 credits at level 2 or higher in English or Te Reo Māori; 4 credits must be in Reading and 4 credits must be in Writing. The literacy credits will be selected from a schedule of approved achievement standards and unit standards.
- Or any equivalent qualification (New Zealand or overseas) recognised by NZQA.
Applicants aged 20 years or above
- No academic qualifications are required. Evidence to support an applicant’s ability to successfully undertake the degree with a reasonable likelihood of success may be requested.
English Language Requirements
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall Academic score of at least 6.0 (with at least 5.5 in each band), issued within the last two years.
- Or aqualification considered to be equivalent to the above.
- In exceptional circumstances an applicant who does not meet the entry requirements may be granted entry to the Diploma in Information Technology programme where they supply evidence to satisfy the Academic Committee of their ability to succeed on the programme.
Let's see what you may also consider
Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)New Zealand
Toi Ohomai Institute of TechnologyNew Zealand
Western Institute of Technology at TaranakiNew Zealand