February July November
Tuition fee (local)
Information not available
Tuition fee (foreign)
Applicants under 20 years of age
- A minimum of 42 credits at level 3 or higher on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework, including a minimum of 14 credits at level 3 or higher in each of two subjects from an approved subject list, with a further 14 credits at level 3 or higher taken from no more than two additional domains on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework or approved subjects.
- A minimum of 14 credits at level 1 or higher in Mathematics or Pangarau on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework.
- A minimum of 8 credits at level 2 or higher in English or Te Reo Māori; 4 credits must be in Reading and 4 credits must be in Writing. The literacy credits will be selected from a schedule of approved achievement standards and unit standards.
- Or any equivalent qualification (New Zealand or overseas) recognised by NZQA.
Applicants aged 20 years or above
- No academic qualifications are required. Evidence to support an applicant’s ability to successfully undertake the degree with a reasonable likelihood of success may be requested.
English Language Requirements
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall Academic score of at least 6.0 (with at least 5.5 in each band), issued within the last two years.
- Or aqualification considered to be equivalent to the above.
- In exceptional circumstances an applicant who does not meet the entry requirements may be granted entry to the Diploma in Information Technology programme where they supply evidence to satisfy the Academic Committee of their ability to succeed on the programme.
- Professional Communications
- Computer Systems Architecture
- Database Concepts
- Information Technology in Context
- Networking Fundamentals
- Introduction to Software Development
- Introduction to Systems Analysis and Design
- Internet Design Principles
- Database Design and Administration
- Database Application Development
- Practical Network Development
- Network Management
- Professional and Technical Writing
- Software Development
- Systems Security
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Dynamic Web Technology