|Setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|International students||Information not available|
About Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology (NMIT)
NMIT’s main Nelson Campus is located within the vibrant city centre. Known for its festivals, markets and lifestyle, you’re never far from the action. NMIT’s campus location means quick and easy access to the cafés, bars and shopping in Nelson city. Our main campus takes up a whole city block and is an open and safe environment. Facilities include;
- Diverse and modern learning environments
- Library Learning Centre (LLC) a great place to study, research or work together.
- The Fishbowl Computer Café
- Free WIFI
Specialising in viticulture and programmes that support local industry, NMIT’s Marlborough Campus is the smaller of the institutes two main campuses.
- About 20 minutes walk from Blenheim city centre
- Onsite vineyard
- Hair salon
- Beauty salon
- Trades and carpentry workshops
- Library and café.
- Free WIFI
RNZAF Base Woodbourne
This key national airforce base situated on the Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF) Base, beside the main civilian airport, houses NMIT’s Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering programmes - delivering our students hands on learning experiences in a real world environment.
Nelson Marlborough is located in the centre of New Zealand - the perfect location to really get to know our country. The Top of the South Island has a diverse range of beautiful natural environments, and a sunny climate that attracts people from around the world.
NMIT’s campus location means quick and easy access to the cafés, bars and shopping in Nelson city. You’re never far from the action - whether you prefer city life, or a break in one of the many city parks and public spaces nearby.
From the breathtaking beauty of the Marlborough Sounds to its rugged mountain ranges, fertile plains, intricate waterways and thriving aviation, aquaculture and viticulture industries, Marlborough has a lot to offer from its water, wilderness and wine.
By air (direct flights):
- Auckland > Nelson, 1 hour 15 minutes
- Wellington > Nelson, 35 minutes
- Auckland > Blenheim, 1 hour 20 minutes
- Wellington > Blenheim, 25 minutes
- Nelson > Blenheim, 1 hour 30 minutes
- Woodbourne > Blenheim, 10 minutes
- Nelson > Christchurch, 5 hours 30 minutes
- Marlborough > Christchurch, 5 hours
NMIT student support services can organise your accommodation in a homestay or in on-campus apartments
Homestay (Nelson and Marlborough)
Live with a New Zealand family in your own furnished room and become part of the family.
- Improve and practice your English
- Learn new cultural experiences
- Full Homestay includes breakfast, dinner and lunch on weekends, costs NZ$225 per week
- Independent Homestay, buy and cook your own food, costs NZ$160 per week
Rent a room/house (Nelson and Marlborough)
Many students decide to rent a house or room with friends and fellow students. The cost would range from approximately $110-$200 per week for a room, plus the costs of electricity, telephone, internet and food.
On-campus (Nelson Campus only)
Independently owned and operated, Nikau Apartments are modern, comfortable and student-friendly. From NZ$150 - 210 per week.
Courses available 44Accounting and Finance 4 Agriculture & Related Subjects 7 Aviation 2 Beauty and Personal Care 1 Business and Management 7 Computer Science and IT 5 Creative Arts & Design 5 Education and Teaching 1 Engineering 3 English Language 4 Health and Medicine 4 Hotel Management & Hospitality 4 Humanities & Social Sciences 2 Mass Communication & Media 3 Sports Science 2
Be the first one!