About this course
The NZIM Diploma in Management constitutes an NZQA approved 120 credit Level 5 qualification.
The NZIM Diploma in Management provides a thorough grounding in business and management practice appropriate for people wishing to enter management roles in business.
The qualification is designed as an exit point from the NZ Diploma in Business for those students who wish to have a basic understanding of management practice but do not wish to specialise in business studies. It also provides a platform for students wishing to transition to degree programmes or advanced management qualifications such as the NZIM Diploma in Management (Advanced).
To complete this programme students choose 6 papers from the New Zealand Diploma in Business as follows:
Core papers (Compulsory)
- 530 Organisation and Management
- 560 Business Communication
- 630 Leadership
- 636 Applied Managemnent
Optional papers (any two)
- 400 Accounting Principles or 520 The Economic Envirionment
- 430 Quantitative Business Methods
- 435 Fundamentals of Small Business
- 510 Introduction to Commercial Law
- 541 Fundamentals of Marketing
- 560 Business Computing
- 632 Operations Mangement
- 633 Human Resources Management
Job Prospects and Pathway Program
On successful completion of NZIM Diploma in Management you will be able to seek employment as:
- Business Administration Managers
- Business and Administration Associate Professionals
- Successful completion of Year 12 or equivalent, and
- International students for whom English is a second language must have an IELTS score of 6.0 (academic) with no individual band lower than 5.5 or a TOEFL score of 550. Students with an IELTS score of 5.5 (academic) may be granted discretionary entry and may be required to undertake an 8 week Intensive IELTS Training Programme as a bridging course and /or ongoing support offered by Ivy College.