About this course
The Graduate Diploma in Information Technology enables students who have completed a bachelor degree to achieve a graduate level qualification in information technology. The programme is designed to provide students with:
- A sound knowledge of the information technology environment and its effective management.
- The ability to analyse the needs of business and make recommendations for IT services and systems.
- The ability to advise on, develop and implement innovations leading to a more efficient use of resources within a dynamic information technology environment.
- The ability to relate to and communicate effectively with personnel and clients who have diverse backgrounds.
- The motivation for continued learning and self-development to cope effectively with change.
- An understanding of the legal, regulatory and ethical frameworks of the IT sector
Possible job and career opportunities upon graduation can include:
- Systems Analyst
- Web Developer
- Business Analyst
- IT Infrastructure support
- E-Commerce Advisor
- Project Manager
- A bachelors degree at a recognised educational institute or Equivalent qualification and students are required to provide evidence of knowledge and skills in:
- Data storage and data manipulation and MS Office applications
- Provisional Entry
- Applicants who do not meet the criteria above, but present evidence of ability to succeed (eg. maturity, life experience, work experience, other study) or
- Entry to subsequent study is conditional on success at the entry level.
English Language Requirement:
- An acceptable level of English language fluency.
- TOEFL (between 233 and 247 CBT) or IELTS (6.5 Academic) tests, completion of accepted international equivalents
Let's see what you may also consider
Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)New Zealand
Western Institute of Technology at TaranakiNew Zealand