- A Bachelor in Law or a Minor in Law (45 ECTS), including knowledge/competence in the field of European law
- Knowledge/competence in the field of Principles of Microeconomics
English proficiency requirements
- IELTS, Academic Module. Minimum score: 7.0 overall band, at least 6.5 for writing.
- TOEFL, Internet based. Minimum score: 100, at least 23 for writing; institutional scores are not accepted (the TOEFL institution code for Utrecht University is 9062).
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English, at least a B grade.
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English, at least a C grade.
This programme focuses on the regulation and supervision of markets (for example, the energy, telecom, transport and other regulated markets, security markets, banking), competition policy, corporate governance, mergers, and more. The programme addresses industrialized economies all over the world, but has a strong focus on Europe’s internal market. At all times it is the interplay between the economic and the legal that is the prime focus of the programme.