About this course
In the first year of the BA degree in English Language and Culture, students will read a broad range of literary texts and they will learn about English as a language. They will analyse many important works, study literary theory, and engage with writings in English from the beginnings to the present.
In the second year, students will be able to choose courses on medieval literary studies, modern literature, and linguistics. For instance, they can study the writings of premodern women, the myth of King Arthur, the modernist novel, Shakespeare and his time, or contemporary American and postcolonial literature.
- Diploma / high school (or proof of enrolment with expected date of graduation)
- Transcript (if your final transcript is not available yet, please send us a temporary transcript and include a list of courses yet to be completed)
- Motivation letter
- Proof English/Dutch language proficiency
- Internet based (itb) TOEFL: 92 (with a minimum of 21 on all items)
- IELTS Academic Module: 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.0 for all components)