About this course
International Economics and Business (IE&B) is a three year English-taught track of the Bachelor's degree Economics and Business Economics. In IE&B students will become knowledgeable about economic issues and they will learn how to analyze, explain, and solve these issues. Within this context, they will make use of (international) economic theories. International organizations' policies will be studied and the activities carried out by multinationals will be analyzed.
IE&B is a programme for internationally-oriented students who wish to acquire a broad foundation while studying for a Bachelor's degree. That is why IE&B offers a curriculum that integrates several fields of interest. IE&B prepares students for an international career. To gain valuable experience for it, theey will venture further to study at a partner university outside the Netherlands for six months during the third year of study.
- An International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma, including Mathematics Standard Level or Mathematics Higher Level. With an IB diploma including English and Mathematics Standard Level or Mathematics Higher Level, there are no extra tests required, or
- A European Baccalaureate (EB) diploma, including Mathematics (3 hrs). With an EB diploma including English and Mathematics (3 hrs), there are no extra tests required, or
- Another secondary or high school diploma that equals the Dutch VWO diploma, including English and Mathematics for which you have successfully passed or will pass the exam. For example, the German Abitur, or
- A + O levels (3 A-levels), including Mathematics A level, or 4 Advanced Placement subjects, including AP Math/Science.
English Language requirements
- The required minimum score for TOEFL is 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer based) or 80 (internet based); for IELTS 6.0 (no partial scores below 5.5).
Let's see what you may also consider
Erasmus University RotterdamNetherlands