Tuition fee (local)
Contact the university / college
Tuition fee (foreign)
- Level of education should be comparable to the Dutch VWO (pre-university/high-school) level, and include mathematics.
- Mathematics: the level of mathematics that required is pre-university level. This means a VWO diploma (all profiles), an IB diploma (all levels of maths), or (academic) A-levels with mathematics at AS or A level (mathematics at GCSE level is generally not enough).
- For other diplomas, the general rule is that the final exams would have included mathematics.
Level of English proficiency
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS), academic module. Minimum score of 6.5.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum scores are 570 (paper-based) / 230 (computer-based) / 90 (internet based). Original test results should be sent directly by the Educational Testing Service. The TOEFL institution code for Leiden University is 0504.
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE: Grade A, B, or C) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE).
- This year begins with a coherent overview of the entire field of psychology. Next, students will obtain deeper knowledge of and insight into the various subdisciplines: clinical, health and neuropsychology, developmental psychology, organisational and social psychology, and cognitive psychology. An important component in this year is research methodology. Another important part of the first year is the academic skills course.
- Focus will be on the practical professional skills of a psychologist, such as diagnostics, interview techniques and data analysis. During the second part of the second year and the entire third yea, students can choose to concentrate on a particular subdiscipline and specialise.
- Students will complete the bachelor’s programme with a bachelor project: a research project that they will carry out in a small group and is completed with an individually written bachelor thesis.