Tuition fee (local)
Information not available
Tuition fee (foreign)
- a VWO diploma or equivalent with no further requirements of your subject cluster or
- a final diploma from a higher professional (HBO) institution or
- a University first year certificate or degree.
English proficiency requirements
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic modules only. Minimum score of 6.5.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum scores are 570 (paper-based) / 230 (computer-based) / 90 (internet based).
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English/ Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (grade A-C) .
Examples of first-year subjects:
- Histories of Modern South and Southeast Asia
- Seminar I: Classical Cultures
- Pre-modern History of South and Southeast Asia
- State, Politics and Economy
Examples of optional subjects in the first year:
- Language acquisition: Hindi, Sankrit, Indonesian or Tibetan
- Introduction to Buddhism, Hinduism or Islamic Studies
- Modern media in Indonesia
The following are examples of the kind of thesis topics addressed:
- Multi-ethnicity and conflict in Sri Lanka
- The Indian family in Hindi Drama
- Ramayana on Balinese paintings
- Development NGOs in Indonesia
- Ascetic traditions in Ancient India