About this course
Today South and Southeast Asia is a dynamic, beautiful, and promising region, home to almost a third of the world’s population, almost two thirds of its Muslim population, and the majority of its rapidly growing, successful developing economies. Endlessly diverse in languages and cultures, the countries of South and Southeast Asia are united by increasingly strong democratic values, and by a growing orientation toward global markets.
The English-taught bachelor’s programme in South and Southeast Asian Studies offers students a wide range of options for studying this region in all its diversity.
- a VWO diploma or equivalent with no further requirements of your subject cluster or
- a final diploma from a higher professional (HBO) institution or
- a University first year certificate or degree.
English proficiency requirements
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic modules only. Minimum score of 6.5.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum scores are 570 (paper-based) / 230 (computer-based) / 90 (internet based).
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English/ Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (grade A-C) .