Tuition fee (local)
Contact the university / college
Tuition fee (foreign)
- a pre-university education (VWO) diploma or equivalent with no further requirements of your subject cluster or
- a first-year or final diploma from a higher professional (HBO) institution of education or
- a first-year or final diploma from a university programme.
English proficiency requirements
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic modules only. Minimum score of 6.5.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum scores are 570 (paper-based) / 230 (computer-based) / 90 (internet based).
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English/ Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (grade A-C)
- Students will start with a broad introduction. After the first half year (semester) they will choose an area for further specialisation and a corresponding language to study.
- In the second semester students will start to study the history of a chosen region, primarily focused on developments after the Second World War. This lecture series follows on from World History in the first semester. Other subject include Economics, Cultural Studies and Philosophy of Science. Language acquisition is an important part of this semester.
Second and third year
- In the second year of the programme, students will mainly study the politics, economy and culture of your chosen region. They will also take a number of core courses and will improve your reading, writing and speaking skills in their chosen language. During the first semester of the third and final year, there is room to either follow a minor programme, or do an internship in the Netherlands or abroad, or go on an exchange programme (depending on places available).