About this course
In the Netherlands, Leiden is the only place where international students can follow a full academic programme in Dutch Studies. And, of course, the best place to learn about Dutch language and culture is in the Netherlands itself. The Dutch Studies programme offers unique opportunities: the chance to learn a new language, to simultaneously learn about and experience a new culture first hand, and at the same time earn a bachelor’s degree.
- a VWO diploma or equivalent with no further requirements of your subject cluster or
- a final diploma from a higher professional (HBO) institution or
- a first-year or final diploma from a university programme.
English proficiency requirements
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic modules only. Minimum score of 6.5.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum scores are 570 (paper-based) / 230 (computer-based) / 90 (internet based).
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English/ Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (grade A-C) .