Tuition fee (local)
Contact the university / college
Tuition fee (foreign)
- a pre-university education (VWO) diploma or equivalent with no further requirements of your subject cluster
English proficiency requirements
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Academic modules only. Minimum score of 6.5.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum scores are 570 (paper-based) / 230 (computer-based) / 90 (internet based).
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English/ Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (grade A-C)
The first bachelor year
- The first year is called the propedeuse. The propedeuse programme is the same for all Archaeology students and mostly consists of introductory courses, building basic knowledge and general skills that every archaeologist should have.
The second and third year
- The second year consists of several general courses, but at the same time there is room for focus. Three profiles are offered, from which students choose two: Archaeology of North-Western Europe, Early Civilisations and Archaeological Sciences.
- In the third year, half of the programme consists of optional subjects for further focus through a theme track related to either archaeology in a global context, archaeological sciences or world heritage; or to focus more on a region such as North-Western Europe, the Mediterranean, the Near East, or the Americas. Subsequently, there are several general courses, which teach students more on research methods and techniques and the role of archaeology in society.