- Students are eligible for admission to the IBCoM programme if they hold a Dutch VWO diploma, an International Baccalaureate diploma, a European Baccalaureate or another diploma that is sufficient for acceptance to a Dutch university.
- In addition students may have to demonstrate sufficient knowledge in Mathematics and English. Non-native English speakers are required to demonstrate proof of their English proficiency.
The first year of the programme introduces students to the major strains of communication and media scholarship and offers them an intensive practical training in communication and research skills. In the second year, students choose two areas of concentration, which theoretically and thematically build on the theoretical and methodological core courses offered in the first part of the studies. The programme features six concentration areas :
- Communication and Business
- Communication and Politics
- Communication, Culture and Society
- Media and Entertainment
- International and Global Communication
- New Media Technologies
In your third year, students have the option to spend a study period abroad at a partner university or to take a minor in another field of study at Erasmus University. An internship is scheduled in the second semester of the third year. The programme is concluded by writing a Bachelor thesis in a chosen area of concentration