About this course
Chemical Engineering is a program in which you learn about the disciplines chemistry, material science and process technology. The research is broad and stretches into other fields. This is evident in the study program where several societal themes are key, for example Sustainable Energy and Health & Life Sciences.
Some themes have its own Design-Based Learning project. In these projects you apply your learning of theory in which attention also focuses on possible applications, such as the use of organic chemistry in the medical world. You complete your Bachelor's program with a major project, choosing the theme yourself. This is also excellent preparation for a Master's program.
- If you have completed your vwo (pre-university education) with the N&T (Nature & Technology) profile, you are directly eligible for admission to all TU/e Bachelor’s programs.
- Diplomas which are equivalent to the Dutch diploma,
- An original Academic IELTS score of at least 6.5 on average, or;
- TOEFL scores of at least 90 (Internet-based). Students can arrange for their TOEFL results to be sent to the TU/e directly by using the TU/e university code number 8615, or;
- University of Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) or Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE), grades A-C.