About this course
On this degree programme, you will learn about the role of computational methods in aeronautics and astronautics and have the opportunity to apply these cutting-edge methods to new and emerging design challenges. This programme provides an excellent preparation for many aeronautics and astronautics research areas and for a role as a professional engineer. The first two years are identical to the BEng and MEng Aeronautics and Astronautics. In years three and four, you will study specialist modules including Aircraft Design, Advanced Computational Methods, Advanced Finite Element Analysis, Applications of Computational Fluid Dynamics, Design Search and Optimisation, Systems Reliability, and Finite Element Analysis in Solid Mechanics.
- Duration of this course is 2 years in Malaysia followed by 2 years in the UK
- Fees in Malaysia is RM45,900 per annum (Malaysian); RM50,200 per annum (International)
- Fees in the UK is £18,010 per annum
- A levels: A*AA in Maths, Physics (A* in either) and one other (except General Studies and Critical Thinking)
- IB: 38 points overall, 18 at Higher Level, including Maths and Physics
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM): AA in Maths and Physics plus A in one other
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) – Senior Middle Level: Minimum 5 As including Maths I and II and Physics (not including Art, Chinese, Malay)
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Aeronautics), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM): First year entry with minimum GPA of 3.4
- Monash University Foundation Year: Minimum of 310 overall with 80 per cent average in Maths and Physics, and subject to attending an extended technical induction programme
English language qualifications:
- IELTS 6.5 overall with at least 5.5 in each competence.
- Other equivalent qualifications.