About this course
The Foundation in Science programme is a comprehensive, ﬂexible and dynamic programme speciﬁcally designed to prepare students for their speciﬁc career path in various UCSI University science-based degrees such as Biotechnology, Food Science and Nutrition, Communication & Electronics, Electrical & Electronics, Mechatronic Engineering, Doctor of Medicine, Nursing and Pharmacy, among others. This one-year programme is tailored for students who are conﬁdent of their chosen path of studies, and who are committed to attaining the best preparation for a science-based university degree programme at UCSI University.
Foundation in Science (leading to Nursing, Applied Sciences, Engineering and Built Environment majors)
- SPM / ’O’ Levels: 5 credits (inclusive of Mathematics and 2 pure Science courses)
- UEC: 4 credits (inclusive of Mathematics and 2 pure Science courses)
- Year 11 equivalent: Overall average of 60% (including individual scores of 60% in 2 pure Science courses and 1 Mathematics course)
- Year 12 equivalent: Overall average of 50% (including individual scores of 50% in 2 pure Science courses and 1 Mathematics course)
Foundation in Science (leading to Medicine and Pharmacy majors)
- SPM/'O'-Level: 5 B's inclusive of Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Mathematics/Add. Mathematics and an additional course (Pass in B. Melayu and B. inggeris is compulsory)
- Year 11 equivalent: Overall average of 65% (including individual scores of 65% in Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Mathematics)
- A distinction (A+,A or A-) in English Language course at SPM/UEC level; or MUET Band 5; or a score of 213 (computer-based) / 550 (written-based) / 80 (internet-based) in TOEFL; or Band 5.5 in IELTS. Additional English course(s) must be taken at UCSI University concurrently with undergraduate programme if English Language requirements are not fulfilled.