About this course
The Diploma in Information Technology (Mobile Application Development) programme produces graduates with the technical knowledge for working in the mobile application industry. This programme will equip students with multi-skills applicable to the industry in different mobile application sector. Graduates of this programme have vast potential to find employment in any industry that requires solution using mobile application.
Students will also have the opportunity to experience 9 weeks of industrial training in related industry. The aim is to expose students to real-life projects on software development particularly in the area of mobile application development. Such training will add value to their qualification and increase their employment opportunities.
SPM - 3 Credits in the relevant subjects
O Level - 3 Grade C in the relevant subjects
UEC - 3 Grade B in the relevant subjects
Certificate - Relevant Certificate accredited by MQA OR Relevant Skilled/Technical/Vocational Certificate recognised by the Malaysian Government.
i) SPM Credit/ O Level Grade C in Mathematics/ UEC Grade B in one mathematics subject
ii) SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E (Pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language*
*Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language requirement for applicants who fail English Language at SPM/O Level/UEC level.
a) SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Melayu and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have a t least a past in Sejarah.
- Problem Solving and Programming
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Web Development
- Introduction to Interface Design
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Database Development and Applications
- Web-based Multimedia Applications
- Mobile Commerce and Marketing
- Object-Oriented Programming Techniques
- Mobile Application Design
- Discrete Mathematics
- Introduction to Computer Architecture
- Fundamentals of Computer Networks
- Mobile Application Development I
- Probability and Statistics
- Operating Systems
- Mobile Application Development II
- Mobile Web Development
- Industrial Training
Elective I (Choose 1):
- Introduction to Spreadsheet
- Introduction to Word Processing
Elective II (Choose 1):
- Web Systems and Technologies
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
Elective III (Choose 1):
- Web Application Programming
- Introduction to Mobile Game Development
Language, Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum (MPU) and Co-curricular Courses:
English Language, Pengajian Malaysia 2, English for Communication, Bahasa Kebangsaan A, English for IELTS, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, Public Speaking, Co-curricular