About this course
Information systems are the heart of many organisations that support their daily business processes and in turn promote business growth. As the size and demand of information systems has grown tremendously, many of the business functions like sales & marketing, finance & accounting, manufacturing & processes, human resources, supply chain management, customer relationship management, knowledge management and many other business functions are integrated into enterprise information systems to further improve organisational performance.
This programme is designed to equip students with the ability to solve practical problems in the implementation of enterprise information systems in large organisations. In addition to fundamentals of computing, the specialisation subject area covers Business and Information Systems, Systems Analysis and Design, Enterprise Systems, Enterprise Resource Planning, Data Warehouse Technology, Business Intelligence, Business Process Management and Information Systems Implementation.
Electives courses like Principles of Accounting, Introduction to Computer Security, Visual Programming, Software Project Management, Decision Support Systems, Advanced Database Management, Database Administration and IS Strategy and Management will be offered to students undergoing this programme.
Students will have an opportunity to work with the industry through their 6 months of industrial training and carry out real-life projects on software development, implementation of enterprise information systems and data analysis. All such training will add value to their qualification and increase their employment opportunities.
(1) STPM - Grade C in 2 relevant subjects
(2) A Level - Grade C in 2 relevant subjects
(3) SAM - ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in one mathematics subject
(4) UEC - Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
(5) TAR UC - Foundation in Computing (Track B) OR Diploma in Science (Internet Technology) (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)^
(6) Other IHL - Relevant Foundation accredited by MQA / relevant Diploma (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)^ accredited by MQA
(1), (2), (3) and (4) must include SPM Credit in Mathematics/ O Level Grade C in Mathematics / UEC Grade B in one mathematics subject
(1), (2), (3) and (4) must include SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E (Pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language*
^ Graduates with CGPA 2.0001 - 2.4999 are required to sit and pass a Qualifying Test.
*Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language requirement for applicants who fail English Language at SPM/O Level/UEC level.
a) SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Melayu and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have a t least a past in Sejarah.
- Business and Information Systems
- Problem solving and Programming
- Database Management
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Research Methods
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Information Systems Implementation
- Social and Professional Issues
- IT Fundamentals
- Web Design and Development
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Enterprise Systems
- Fundamentals of Computer Networks
- IS Strategy and Management
- Software Project Management
- Business Process Management
- Data Warehouse Technology
- Business Intelligence
- Probability and Statistics
- Discrete Mathematics
- Business Organisation and Management
- Project I
- Project II
- Industrial Training (6 months)
Electives (Choose 3):
- Advanced Database Management
- Introduction to Computer Security
- Visual Programming
- Database Administration
- Decision Support Systems
- Introduction to the Short Story
- Mobile Application Development
- Web Programming
Free Module Electives (Choose 1)
- Music Appreciation
- Principles of Accounting
Language, Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum (MPU) and Co-curricular Courses:
English Language, Tamadun Islam dan Asia, English for Communication, Hubungan Etnik, English for the Profession, Entrepreneurship, Bahasa Kebangsaan A, Contemporary Malaysian Issues, Co-curricular