About this course
The Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Graphic Design programme nurtures your design capabilities across a range of creative industry- relevant practice from commercial, education, to environment, cultural, and communities. The programme focuses on graphical aspects of print, illustration and interactive design which contributes to the problem-solving challenges in any area of visual communication.
Throughout the programme, you will develop skills in design management, creative portfolio and design research. You will be managing a range of group and individual projects, in which you will demonstrate effective organisation and production of you work. Courses offered focuses on moving you from a broad-based learning to your own design research investigations, where you will focus on your specialism in preparation for your final year graduation showcase project.
The programme also emcompasses a semester of industrial training as you will be attached to established industry network, helping you to gain insights and skills you need as an industry-ready graduate. During your internship, you will further develop and enhance your portfolio needs, preparing for a better future career prospect.
(1) STPM - Grade C in 2 relevant subjects
(2) A Level - Grade D in 2 relevant subjects
(3) SAM - ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in 2 relevant subjects
(4) UEC - Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include English Language
(5) TAR UC - Foundation in Arts (Track B) OR Relevant Diploma
(6) Other IHL - Relevant Foundation/ Diploma accredited by MQA
(1), (2), and (3) must include SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E(Pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language*
(1), (2), (3), (4), (5) and (6) must include MUET Band 1 or replaced with IELTS Band Score 5.5 or TOEFL Score 550 and pass a specified portfolio test and interview conducted by TAR UC.**
*Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language requirement for applicants who fail English Language at SPM/O Level.
** Exempted for students whose programme full medium of instruction was in English.
a) SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Melayu and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have a t least a past in Sejarah.
- Basic Software Application for Designers
- Fundamentals of Design
- Colour Theory
- Introduction to Art
- Basic Photography
- Layout & Typography
- Illustration & Concept OR Fashion Design Illustration
- Print Design
- Digital Typography OR Batik Appreciation
- Design Thinking
- Information Graphics
- Packaging Design
- Painting Techniques OR Applied Photography
- Research For Arts & Design
- Corporate Identity & Branding
- Advertising & Design
- Digital Visualization
- Sales Promotion Design
- Sculpture OR Editorial Design
- Industrial Training
- Graphic Design Project Management
- Web Design & Production
- Publication Design
- Exhibition Management & Implementation
- Interactive Multimedia
- Graphic Design Project & Portfolio
- Design & Society
- Type in Motion OR Fashion Accessories
- Professional Practices for Designers