About this course
This programme aims to impart knowledge and develop skills in studio-based design process and techniques which enable graduates to choose in and perform a wide range of career setting relevant to various media related industries.
Multimedia design is an ever-evolving field. In order to thrive in such an industry, graduates are not only equipped with the skills and knowledge required, but also the ability to improve and adopt to the evolving industry. The programme constantly makes improvement in terms of technological advancement as well as design trend to compare and compete on industrial level.
We are locally and international recognized; graduates are widely accepted by local and creative industries overseas. The programme actively supports participation in creative workshops, events and competitions and has been awarded with numerous achievements. The programme also includes a 3-months internship period, allowing students to practically experiences and involve themselves in managing industrial level projects.
(1) STPM - Grade C in 2 relevant subjects
(2) A Level - Grade D in 2 relevant subjects
(3) SAM - ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in 2 relevant subjects
(4) UEC - Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
(5) TAR UC - Foundation in Arts (Track B) OR Relevant Diploma (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)^
(6) Other IHL - Relevant Foundation accredited by MQA OR Relevant Diploma (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)^ accredited by MQA
(1), (2), (3) and (4) must include SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E(Pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language*
^ Graduates with CGPA below 2.5000 are required to sit and pass a portfolio test and interview.
*Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language requirement for applicants who fail English Language at SPM/O Level/UEC.
a) SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Melayu and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have a t least a past in Sejarah.
- Introduction to Arts
- Fundamentals of Design
- Image Manipulation
- Design Thinking
- Interactive Web Design
- Digital Illustration
- Basic Photography
- 2D Animation
- Information & Interface Design
- Digital Video Production
- Web Programming
- Painting Techniques OR Applied Photography
- Arts Law
- Audio Design
- Motion Graphics
- Content Management
- 3D Animation
- Sculpture OR Editorial Design
- Industrial Training
- Research Methodology in Arts
- Project Management
- Web Technology
- New Media
- Media & Innovation
- Digital Media Project
- Design & Society
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Type in Motion OR Fashion Accessories