About this course
The world today is facing with challenging health threats consisting of a variety of emerging and remerging diseases. Public health medicine is a discipline of preventing disease and promoting health through the organised efforts and informed choices of society, organisations, public and private, communities and individuals. This programme prepares students to handle these challenges through multidisciplinary methods that fuse the latest public health knowledge, rational thinking and decision making, professionalism, ethic and collaboration. The Master of Public Health offered by Universiti Putra Malaysia will definitely assist students in their attempt to improve the health of the population.
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor’s degree (with honours) in a relevant field with a minimum CGPA of 3.000, or
- The applicant without sufficient academic qualification can be admitted into the programme subject to any other requirement specified by the Faculty/Institute.
- An applicant from a local public university who is in the final semester of his undergraduate study programme may be considered for provisional admission provided his current CGPA or its equivalent satisfies the graduate programme admission requirements.
For direct admission, the applicant must have obtained one of the following English language requirements:
- 550 for the TOEFL Paper-based Test (Academic Version).
- Band 6.0 for IELTS (Academic Training).
- 79-80 for TOEFL Internet-based Test (Academic Version).
- 213 for TOEFL Computer-based Test (Academic Version).
- Level 109 for CIEP.