About this course
Master of Medicine (Psychiatry) is a postgraduate academic degree offered by Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia. This program aims to produce competitive medical practitioners who have high ethical values and critical thinking skills to make informed decisions in the area of mental health.
The minimum and maximum periods of candidature are 4 and 7 years, respectively, on a full-time basis.
English is the medium of instruction, but Bahasa Melayu is sometimes employed (where relevant).
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor’s degree (with honours) in a relevant field with a minimum CGPA of 3.000, or
- The applicant without sufficient academic qualification can be admitted into the programme subject to any other requirement specified by the Faculty/Institute.
- An applicant from a local public university who is in the final semester of his undergraduate study programme may be considered for provisional admission provided his current CGPA or its equivalent satisfies the graduate programme admission requirements.
For direct admission, the applicant must have obtained one of the following English language requirements:
- 550 for the TOEFL Paper-based Test (Academic Version).
- Band 6.0 for IELTS (Academic Training).
- 79-80 for TOEFL Internet-based Test (Academic Version).
- 213 for TOEFL Computer-based Test (Academic Version).
- Level 109 for CIEP.