About this course
This programme is offered at Cyberjaya Campus under the Faculty of Creative Multimedia.
MMU establishes a Chair of Knowledge Management funded by Motorola University, with the following aims:
- to create a knowledge growing environment; both physically and virtually
- to create an expertise niche in aspects of KM
- to serve the needs of the universities and nation in KM
The aims are to be achieved through post graduate research and KM taught courses i.e. the proposed Masters in KM with Multimedia.
Knowledge Management is not solely an issue of technology, but also a part of management. Only by aligning the two can effective KM be built. Therefore, KM Postgraduate Centre in the FCM offers a Masters programme in Knowledge Management with Multimedia. This course is structured to be completed within 2 years.
Students undertaking this course will discover both explicit and systematic management of vital knowledge, and a thorough hands-on exposure to KM technologies. The graduates of the course will acquire skills that can help identify best practices and share the intellectual capital throughout their organizations.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENT:
- A minimum 2nd class Honors Bachelor’s degree from the Multimedia University or
- any other recognized University; or
- Candidates with a degree from Multimedia University or any other recognized
- University, with at least two (2) years relevant working experience; or
- Any other qualifications equivalent to (1) or (2), which has been agreed upon by the Senate
- A minimum overall TOEFL score of 551 (paper based) or 237 (computer based) or 92 (internet based) ; or
- A minimum IELTS overall band score of 6.5; or
- A credit in 1119 English Examination; or
- A minimum score of 580 in Multimedia University's English Language Proficiency Test; or
- A minimum MUET overall band score of 4; or
- Any other qualification which is of equivalent level as determined by the Senate of the University.
An applicant with non-honours degree may be considered, if he has attainted a GRE/GMAT score (General Test and at least one of the Subject Test) that is acceptable to the respective faculty.