About this course
This programme is offered at Cyberjaya campus (for full-time students) and at Penang Skills Development Centre (PSDC, Penang) (for part-time students).
The telecommunication technology and industry have been undergoing rapid development. The market has been exposed extensively to new technologies and services. In the meantime, communication costs have decreased significantly and will continue to do so at a greater extent. The changes are due to two primary factors: technology development and competitive forces.
In technology development, the focus is no longer only on the maximisation of data-carrying capacity of network systems but also on enhancing communication mobility and portability and data security. The telecommunication engineering profession has thus become more challenging than ever. It is vital for telecommunication engineers to keep abreast of the fast-changing technologies and market conditions. The Master of Engineering in Telecommunications programme of Multimedia University is a master programme that has been specially-designed based on the university’s extensive research experience and industrial inputs to address the need of the engineers and other technical professionals in face of the challenges in the telecommunication industry.
The programme can potentially result in the following benefits:
- Strengthening the understanding of fundamental and advanced communication concepts and principles.
- In depth know-how in telecommunication fundamentals and advanced techniques.
- Understanding and design know-how for telecommunication systems and networks.
- Good understanding of the telecommunication industry and market forces.
- Top-up for membership applications to the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor's Degree with 2nd Class Honours or CGPA of 2.50 and above in a related field from MMU or equivalent from another recognised University; or
- A Bachelor's Degree with Honours of CGPA between 2.00 and 2..50 in a specifically related field, subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.
- Any other academic qualifications equivalent to the 2 mentioend above as approved by the Senate.
An Applicant with non-honours degree may be considered if he/she has attained a GRE/GMAT score (General Test and at least one of the Subject Test) that is acceptable to the respective faculty.
- A minimum overall TOEFL score of 580 (paper based) or 237 (computer based) or 92 (internet based) ; or
- A minimum IELTS (academic) overall band score of 6.5; or
- A credit in 1119 English Examination; or
- A minimum score of 580 in Multimedia University's English Language Proficiency Test; or
- A minimum MUET overall band score of 4; or
- Any other qualification which is of equivalent level as determined by the Senate of the University.
Let's see what you may also consider
Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL)Malaysia