About this course
The MAHSA University Postgraduate Programs offers a postgraduate course in Public Health. This is a dual degree program affiliated with the Anglia Ruskin University, Faculty of Health and Social Care at Chelmsrord, Cambridge, Fulbourn and Peterborough, UK. MAHSA is determined to produce knowledgeable and competent Master of Science Public Health graduates who can function effectively in various public and private healthcare providing sectors. MAHSA aims to develop graduates who are capable of adapting to the global changes and current development which inculcate important values including leadership, social responsibility, scholarly, community involvement, ethical values and professionalism.
In order to achieve the above mission statements, MAHSA University is:
- To implement a planned curriculum based on student’s entry qualification and learning capabilities.
- To use the service of academic staff that are professional, dedicated and committed.
- To implement the curriculum that has been accredited by the MQA.
- To create conducive learning and teaching environments to increase the intellectual and social growth of students.
- To produce competent graduates in their field of studies.
The types of knowledge, skills and competencies that underline these developments include:
- Inter-professional/interagency working
- Leadership and change management skills
- Ethical decision-making and its application to practice
- Critical reflection on professional practice
- Knowledge generation to inform and extend practice
- Evidence Based Practice
- Shared interprofessional / multidisciplinary learning
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification; or a professional qualification from a recognized organization. (It is intended for people in all sectors, health, local government, voluntary organisations and the wider community who wish to development their skills and knowledge for effective public health practice and tackling inequalities in health.)
Foreign candidates are required to:
- Have at least IELTS Band 6 or TOEFL 550 if their first degree is from a university where English is not the medium of instruction or Pass an English proficiency test approved by the University.