About this course
The aim of this programme is to prepare students with strong theoretical and research methodological foundations, for careers as academics or researchers in the public or private sector. Students will be moulded into more than just an expert within their field, as they are nutured into becoming the catalyst of human development for the betterment of mankind through groundbreaking ideas, analytical skills and the power of knowledge.
- A Master's degree accepted by the HEP senate; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to a Master's degree that are accepted by the HEP senate; or
- Candidates registered for Master's degree programmes with at least CGPA 3.67 may apply to convert their candidacy to the doctoral degree programmes subjected to:
- having shown competency and capability in conducting research at doctoral degree level
- approval by the HEP senate
- Master's degree accepted by the University Senate and pass IELTS with band 6 or better, or TOEFL with a minimum score of 550.
Two core courses
- Research Process and Academic Writing
- Research Design and Methodology
- Each student must present and defend his/her PhD research proposal. The student is only allowed to continue with his/her research to Phase Ill on passing of the defence of his/her proposal
Data Collection and Thesis Preparation
- The student proceeds to his/her data collection, data analysis and thesis writing
- After submitting the thesis, the students is required to attend a Viva Voce to defend his/her thesis