Doctoral Degree (PhD)
January February March April May June July August September October November December
Tuition fee (local)
Tuition fee (foreign)
- A Master's degree in Management or Master Business Administration (MBA) from a universityrecognised by the USM's Senate or an equivalent qualification.
- A minimum CGPA of 3.00 or equivalent.
- To attend a pretest interview before the final selection.
- Degrees awarded by local private institutions of higher learning including those awarded under any collaborative/franchising schemes with local or foreign partners must be accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
- A minimum of five years relevant working experience.
For International Applicants only:
- A minimum score of 550 in Paper- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of 213 in Computer- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- Applicant graduated from institutions of higher learning which use English Language as the medium of instruction.
- Passed USM's Intensive English Course Level IV with minimum gred B.
- English courses offered by selected Public / Private Universities.
For Malaysian Applicants only:
- MUET Band 4
Part I: Theoretical Updating
- Seminar in
- Management Control and Decision Making
- Human Capital Transformation
- Financial Decision Making
- Managing Technology and Decision Making
- Marketing and Global Business
- Trend and Foresights in Business Strategy
Part II: Knowledge Dissemination and Generation
- Dissemination of Knowledge
- Consultation and Training
- Generation of Knowledge
- Research Methodology
Part III: Dissertation
- Dissertation and viva-voce.