About this course
This programme will ensure that graduate of the program in Islamic Education will be able to apply their knowledge in theory and research to solve related moral and spiritual problems in line with global and national aspirations
Master’s Admission Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Hons.) or its equivalent in the related field.
- Preference will be given to applicants having a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA 3.0 and above or its equivalent, or second class honors from a recognized university.
- Applicants having a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA 3.7 and above can apply directly for the PhD programme.
PhD Admission Requirements
- A Master’s Degree or its equivalent in the related field.
- Have at least IELTS Band 6 or TOEFL 550 if their first degree is from a university where English is not the medium of instruction.
- Or Pass an English proficiency test approved by the University.
- Bahasa Malaysia for Foreigners
- All foreign candidates of higher degree are required to attend and pass the Bahasa Malaysia course run by the Faculty of Languages and Linguistics before the conferment of their Masters degree
- Candidates are exempt from the course if they have obtained a pass grade in:
- the Malaysian Certificate of Education level
- Level III of the Bahasa Malaysia Proficiency Certificate
- Level III of the University’s Intensive Bahasa Malaysia Certificate
- Or equivalent
Faculty Core Courses
- Research in Education
- Statistics for Research in Education
- Qualitative Research in Education
- Survey Research
- Future Studies
- Experimental Research
Compulsory Courses in the Field of Specialization
- Islamic Education Curriculum
- Methods of Research in Islamic Education
- Design and development of Islamic Education curriculum
- Theory of Moral Education