About this course
The Master of Engineering (Mechatronics) programme is designed to meet the needs of industry by offering young engineers the critical skills needed to be successful in an engineering career. The programme offers useful tools and strategies for succeeding in the progressively globalised engineering marketplace as well as enabling students to experience a unique combination of technical and supervisory understanding with the relevant skills required to advance as a leader of engineering projects and teams.
Master’s Admission Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Hons.) or its equivalent in the related field.
- Preference will be given to applicants having a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA 3.0 and above or its equivalent, or second class honors from a recognized university.
- Applicants having a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA 3.7 and above can apply directly for the PhD programme.
PhD Admission Requirements
- A Master’s Degree or its equivalent in the related field.
- Have at least IELTS Band 6 or TOEFL 550 if their first degree is from a university where English is not the medium of instruction.
- Or Pass an English proficiency test approved by the University.
- Bahasa Malaysia for Foreigners
- All foreign candidates of higher degree are required to attend and pass the Bahasa Malaysia course run by the Faculty of Languages and Linguistics before the conferment of their Masters degree
- Candidates are exempt from the course if they have obtained a pass grade in:
- the Malaysian Certificate of Education level
- Level III of the Bahasa Malaysia Proficiency Certificate
- Level III of the University’s Intensive Bahasa Malaysia Certificate
- Or equivalent