About this course
To produce graduates who are capable of conducting systematic research with useful tools and strategies to succeed in the industry as well as enabling students to experience a unique combination of technical and supervisory understanding with the relevant skills.
Master’s Admission Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Hons.) or its equivalent in the related field.
- Preference will be given to applicants having a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA 3.0 and above or its equivalent, or second class honors from a recognized university.
- Applicants having a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA 3.7 and above can apply directly for the PhD programme.
PhD Admission Requirements
- A Master’s Degree or its equivalent in the related field.
- Have at least IELTS Band 6 or TOEFL 550 if their first degree is from a university where English is not the medium of instruction.
- Or Pass an English proficiency test approved by the University.
- Bahasa Malaysia for Foreigners
- All foreign candidates of higher degree are required to attend and pass the Bahasa Malaysia course run by the Faculty of Languages and Linguistics before the conferment of their Masters degree
- Candidates are exempt from the course if they have obtained a pass grade in:
- the Malaysian Certificate of Education level
- Level III of the Bahasa Malaysia Proficiency Certificate
- Level III of the University’s Intensive Bahasa Malaysia Certificate
- Or equivalent
In order to graduate, candidates are required to complete forty two (42) credits comprising of:
- Eighteen (18) credit of core courses; AND
- Twenty four (24) credit of elective courses; OR
- Twelve (12) credit of elective courses AND a Research Project (12 credit)
All core subjects offered are compulsory. For the electives, the candidates can choose from a list of tentative electives given depending on their interest. Candidates can choose any area of interest and the Research Project may be carried out at their workplace/industry. All candidates will have to submit a Research Project that will be assessed by the Examiners.