June September November
Total tuition fee (local)
Total tuition fee (foreign)
About this course
This programme is specifically designed to provide students with:
- A course of study in Actuarial Science which has been awarded full accreditation from the IFoA (UK). APU is among the 7 universities in Asia to receive such worldwide recognition.
- Competent teaching staff with professional or specialized academic qualification, possessing working experience from actuarial industries/academia.
- Course syllabus which is comprehensively structured in tandem and compliance with the 2 biggest actuarial bodies, the IFoA (UK) and the SOA (US).
- Comprehensive guidance to mould graduates to be industry-ready.
- Pass STPM with minimum 2 grade C+ ( CGPA 2.33 ) in 2 subjects and a credit in mathematics and pass English at SPM
- Pass A Level with minimum grade C in 2 subjects and a credit in mathematics and pass English at O Level or equivalent
- Pass matriculation / Foundation with minimum CGPA 2.50 and a credit in mathematics and pass English at SPM or equivalent
- 5 Grade B's in UEC including Mathematics and Pass in English at SPM or equivalent
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 65%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%;
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
- International Students must possess a minimum score of 5.5 in IELTS or equivalent.
|Business and Communication Skills|
|Introduction to Visual Programming|
|Advanced Probability Models|
|2 (Common Modules)||Asset and Liability Valuations|
|Financial Statement Analysis|
|Financial Planning and Control|
|Business Research Methods|
|Business Ethics & Governance|
|Mathematics of Financial Derivatives|
|Workplace Professional Communication Skills|
|Employee & Employment Trend|
|Internship (16 weeks)|
|Investigation in Actuarial Studies|
|Option and Bond Valuations|
|Life Contingencies 2|
|Actuarial Loss Models|
|Project in Actuarial Studies|