Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with specialism in Investment Analytics
|Intakes||June, September, November|
|Tuition (Local students)||$ 18,691|
|Tuition (International students)||$ 22,405|
In this course, students will have the knowledge and understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of investment and risk management. Other than that, the knowledge and skills that will be learned here will become essential for students to analyse complex situations that occur in financial decision-making. The exposure to a more in-depth understanding of financial risk management and undertaking project will teach students to explore this area in a more analytical way.
For admission requirements and intakes for each individual course/programme please refer to course details.
Tuition and application fees
- $ 6,230 per year
- Local students
- $ 7,468 per year
- International students
Estimated cost as reported by the Institution.
Every effort has been made to ensure that information contained in this website is correct. Changes to any aspects of the programmes may be made from time to time due to unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control and the Institution and EasyUni reserve the right to make amendments to any information contained in this website without prior notice. The Institution and EasyUni accept no liability for any loss or damage arising from any use or misuse of or reliance on any information contained in this website.
- 2 Principal Passes at STPM level and with 4 Credit Passes at SPM including Mathematics; or
- 2 Credits in ‘A’ Levels, and a Credit in Mathematics and Pass in English at ‘O’ Levels / GCSE; or
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.0 and Credit in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level; or
- 5 Grade B's in UEC including Mathematics; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
Students must possess a minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS or 550 in TOEFL to join this programme.
- Quantitative and Statistical Methods
- Introduction to Management
- Business and Communications Skills
- Financial Accounting 1
- Business Economics
- Introduction to Banking & Finance
- Financial Accounting 2
- Accounting for Bankers
- Business Law
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
- Financial Statement Analysis
- The Financial System
- Banking Instruments & Procedures
- Time Series and Forecasting
- Management of Financial Services
- Integrated Business processes with SAP ERP System
- Financial Econometrics
- Business Research Methods
- Financial Management
- Law of Banking & Finance
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
- Financial Economics
- Equity and Fixed Income Investment
At APU, students are encouraged to be entrepreneurial and innovative. After the completion of Level 2, students will undertake a short internship/industrial training of a minimum of 12 weeks. This will provide students opportunities to engage with real-world business problems both in the programmes and in the renowned Professional Training placements.
- Risk Management in Banking
- Financial Derivatives
- Corporate Finance
- International Banking & Investment
- Investigations in Investment and Risk Management
- Building Customers Relationships
- Portfolio Management
- Investment and Risk Management Project
- Capital Investment Analysis
- Technical Analysis and Trading
- Global Finance
Note: The specialism will only appear on the academic transcript.