- Applicants to our Doctoral programmes must possess a Master degree, or its equivalent, and demonstrate adequate English proficiency.
- Admission to a Doctoral programme is decided by the Dean of the respective Faculty, or his/her appointee for that effect.
- A letter addressed to the Dean of the respective faculty, indicating the area of knowledge and specialty of the proposed research project, the intended supervisor and a preliminary plan for their doctoral thesis is required for application. Please include in your letter a justification for the choice of topic, the initial objectives, the methods to be adopted and a general timeline. A Curriculum Vitae is also required.
- Selected applicants are required to attend an admission interview.
- Methodologies Of Investigation
- Methods And Techniques For Quantitative Research
- Methods And Techniques For Qualitative Research
- Integrative Research Seminars
- Specialist Studies And Reading Programme
During the first year students are also required to prepare a thesis proposal. the approval of the proposal and completion of all the modules is a requirement to progress to the thesis-writing stage of the programme.
- This is the major part of doctoral student’s studies. Working directly under an academic supervisor, the student independently completes an original and significant research project. students cannot start their thesis until the work proposed and supervisory arrangements have been approved by the university.