About this course
This degree prepares students concerned with the common good and values to join the public sector and serve the community. Students are provided with the indispensable knowledge about the most recent developments affecting governments both locally and globally. USJ Bachelor of Goverment Studies encourages students to develop critical analytical skills to effectively assess, plan, and implement public sector programmes.
The first two years are dedicated to foundation courses in public administration and policy, law, political science, economics, sociology, as well as global and regional politics. In year-3, students choose their specialisation either in Public Administration, thus preparing themselves to serve the Macao SAR government and community, or in International Relations, for those looking forward to a career in public agencies in their home country or in international organisations. Year-4 students will be additionally provided with the opportunity to gain actual work experience through an internship programme within the public sector or relevant organisations.
- Applicants must possess a secondary school diploma that represents the successful completion of 12 years of schooling, or its equivalent, (applicants aged 25, or above, may be exempted from this requirement).
- Bachelor applicants must be currently enrolled, or have completed, Form 6 / Senior Middle Three / Grade 12 students and be aged 17, or above, at the expected time of enrolment into USJ.
- Applicants must also demonstrate adequate English proficiency.
- Selected applicants may be required to complete an English test and an admission interview.
- Other tests (e.g. essays or group dynamics and other language placement tests) may be requested of applicants, depending on the selected programme.