About this course
Learn about the aspects of complete physiotherapy including cardiorespiratory care, clinical neurology and musculoskeletal issues affecting all ages and known conditions through research and evidence-based practice study.
This course engages and nutures the ability of competency, reflectiveness and innovation in future practitioners by example of practicing expertise represented by the staff.
CAO Minimum Points Entry 2017: 555
- Leaving certificate (or approved equivalent): min 6 subjects
- Two H5 (Higher level) grades
- Four O6 (Ordinary level) grades; OR
- Four H7 (Higher level) grades
- O3/H7 grade in Physics; OR Chemistry; OR Physics with Chemistry; OR Agricultural Science; OR Biology.
*Subjects must include Mathematics, Irish or another language, and English.
**Grade F6 in Foundation Mathematics also satisfies minimum entry requirements. Foundation Maths is not reckonable for scoring purposes.
Applications from mature students (over 23 years old) are welcomed and must be applied through Central Applications Office (CAO) by 1 February. Applicants are required to undertake the Mature Students Admissions Pathway (MSAP) test.
- Health Informatics for Physiotherapists
- Introduction to Physiotherapy Practice 1
- Anatomy 1
- Introduction to Major Physiological Systems
- Anatomy 2
- Exercise and Health Fitness for Physiotherapists
- Introduction to Physiotherapy Practice 2
- Foundations of Physiotherapy
- Enquiry in Healthcare 1
- Physiotherapy in Respitory Care
- Neurological Physiotherapy
- Participation in the Community 1
- Enquiry in Healtcare 2
- Cardio-Respitory Physiotherapy
- Neuromusculoskeletal Cases
- Physiotherapy Practice Education 1
- Preperation for Practice Education
- Chronic Inflammatory States
- Exercise and Physical Activity
- Final year Project 1
- Participation in the Community 2
- Innovation in Management for Health and Social Care
- Physiotherapy Practice Education 2
- Final Year Project 2
- Multisystem Cases in Physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy Practice Education 3
- Final Year Project 3
- Physiotherapy Practice Education 4
- Engaging through complexity