|Setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|International students||Information not available|
About University of Limerick
The University has:
- Over 5,000 PCs interconnected via network to a cluster of Linux/Windows servers;
- High Speed Internet connectivity at 10 Gbps;
- High speed internal fibre network interconnecting all buildings on both sides of the campus;
- 1600 PCs for student lab usage;
- Dedicated student network connections for laptop usage in the Library;
- Over 100 dedicated teaching spaces equipped with multimedia projection facilities;
- Wireless coverage across main areas of the University with plans to extend;
- On Campus, student bedrooms with wired 100mb connections;
- Video conferencing and multimedia facilities;
- Print production services;
- In house postal service delivering thousands of items per week to distribution points across campus;
- Dedicated IT service desk for staff and students;
- Onsite Computer Lab Assistants providing just in time support for students in computer labs;
- An extensive range of e-learning and student support applications.
The Information Technology Division (ITD) operates these services and was the first Irish University department to achieve ISO9001:2000 Quality accreditation in 2005.
The University is situated on a superb riverside campus of over 133 hectares with the River Shannon as a unifying focal point. Outstanding recreational, cultural and sporting facilities further enhance this exceptional learning and working environment. The University of Limerick campus is located 5km from Limerick City and 20km from Shannon International Airport.
At Campus Life Services at University of Limerick, we welcome over 500 students each year from all over the world. Live in any of our five village communities on campus where you can make the best of your time in Ireland living in the heart of it all. Rooms are reserved each term for Study Abroad, Erasmus, Socrates and Canadian Exchange students. We have a choice to suit all budgets while each Village Residence offers excellent accommodation and service.
Village Communities at University of Limerick
Your social and residential experience at UL is just as important as your academic studies at our wonderful university. We understand that to make the most of your short time on campus it is important that you take every opportunity to meet and live with others. In each of our five villages, our management team take care to allocate rooms so that you will live with Irish students as well as others from around the world. As we appreciate that this may be the first time for you to travel from your home country, you can be assured that your Village Manager will be on hand to make the transition from home a smooth experience.
Accommodation Options to Suit You
All five residential villages at Univerisity of Limerick are self catered. We provide all cooking facilities and inventory so that all you have to worry about is what you want to cook! While kitchen/living areas are shared with a maximum of 7 others, all study bedrooms are private. This allows for greater privacy while you can still enjoy the camaraderie of others. While some villages offer shared bathrooms (maximum 4 sharing) our apartment residences offer ensuite facilities for those who wish to have their own toilet/shower.
Plassey Village is a great place to make friends especially in first year as houses mainly sleep 8 people. There are also 4-bedroom houses, ideal for postgraduate and senior students. Read more
Kilmurry Village is a complex of terraced houses in landscaped grounds, close to the Sports Arena and all the sports facilities within the University of Limerick. Read more
Thomond Village is located on the North Campus which is linked to the South Campus by means of a spectacular bridge across the river Shannon. Read more
Cappavilla Village is an attractive apartment style residence located on the North Campus. It is situated adjacent to the Graduate Medical School, Health Sciences Building and Irish World Academy. Read more
Dromroe Village is an attractive apartment style complex, bordering the Mill stream and overlooking the Shannon river. It offers apartments to sleep 6, with large bedrooms, all with ensuite facilities. Read more
The Quigley Residence
Exclusively for postgraduate students at University of Limerick only. The QuigleyResidence is located adjacent to the Graduate Medical School.
Courses available 10Accounting and Finance 1 Applied and Pure Sciences 1 Business and Management 1 Engineering 3 Humanities & Social Sciences 3 Law 1 Mass Communication & Media 1
Be the first one!