English Language Requirements:
- IELTS 5.5 or internationally-recognised equivalent English exam
This programme is designed to develop your ability to apply engineering principles and technologies to the solution of problems arising in the investigation, planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of civil engineering works.
The programme considers:
- The analysis, design, construction and maintenance of road and other transportation systems;
- The occurrence and regulation of water and water flow;
- The provision and maintenance of water supplies and sanitary services including environmental pollution control;
- The analysis, design, construction and maintenance of civil engineering and building structures, including bridges and their foundations;
- The financial and managerial topics common to all civil engineering programmes.
As a student on this programme you will acquire skills in the following areas:
- Civil engineering drawing and detailing (manual- and computer-aided);
- Materials specification and testing;
- Surveying and setting out;
- Measurement and costing of civil engineering work;
- Civil engineering work organization;
- Document preparation and interpretation;
- Computer-aided analysis, design and draughting.