About this course
Film is an art form and is one of the most important element in the media industries. In fact, film can also be considered to be a form of human communication as the art of film making can be said to be a modern way of story telling. Nobody is able to make good films without the necessary social skills, insight, sensibility and analytical thinking. In that case, to meet the challenges of this industry, the system and the curriculum for Film Studies here at BINUS International are designed to fulfill the industry's requirements for a good film maker. This program at BINUS International believes that studying film making is not only about developing technical skills and creativity, but also about gaining and applying knowledge of aesthetics, social science, humanities and also the film business itself. The programme treats technical skills, as an integral part in the understanding the aesthetics, communication, social and cultural knowledge of film which will create an impact in building the society. The main objectives of this programme here in BINUS International are:
- To equip students with knowledge, critical thinking and also technical & creative skills to produce or analyze films that converse with their audience.
- To prepare students to keep update with the rapid growth of ICT and media technologies.
- To prepare students to have effective communication skills in both written and verbal forms.
- To complement students with leadership, entrepreneurship and management skills, with aesthetics, social, cultural and behavioural understanding as well as ethics required for professional and responsible artist engage in global film industry.
- To prepare students such that they will be able to demonstrate innovation and creativity in problem solving, and show passion for continuous improvement in film industry.
Upon completion of this programme, graduates will be able to further pursue a career in various interesting and profitable fields in the creative industry like:
- Film Production
- Television Shows
- TV Commercials
- Music Videos
- Film Journalist
- Film Critic
- High School Diploma: All Majors of SMA, SMK
- Pass BINUS INTERNATIONAL Entrance Test
- International TOEFL Score of 550 or better
- Test of Written English Score of 4,0 or better
- Official IELTS 6.0 overall or better WITH 5.5 for Writing Module or better
- Official iBT (internet based TOEFL) Of 80 overall or better WITH 15 for Writing Module or better
- Pre University English 150 hours if TOEFL scores are between 475-549 or TWE between 2,5-3,9
- The scores from the tests will determine your “Rank.”
- Only students who have obtained Rank 1 or Rank 2 will be taken into consideration.
- International & Overseas High Diploma need to be legalized by the Department of National Education of Republic Indonesia.
Let's see what you may also consider