About this course
Students are equipped with professional knowledge and practical skills of wine and beverage, and catering industry, initially at paraprofessional level.
After obtaining professional qualifications and undergone industrial attachments, graduates may pursue a career in the wine and beverage or catering industry; or articulate to bachelor degree in either local or overseas universities; and / or articulate to further professional qualifications in their areas of interest.
- Applicants with academic qualifications obtained in secondary or tertiary institutions outside Hong Kong will be assessed individually by the departments concerned.
- IGCSE, GCE, International Baccalaureate (IB) or other overseas qualifications which are comparable with the required levels of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education will be accepted.
- IELTS overall score at 5 or equivalent.
- Food and Beverage Service and Operations
- Wines and Spirits
- Chinese Restaurant Operations Management
- Western Restaurant Operations Management
- Professional Bar Operations Management
- Wine and Beverage Distribution and Retail Management
- Principles of Economics and Global Financial Environment
- Vocational English & Putonghua
- Asian Rice Liquors #
- Arts of Beer #
- Arts of Cheese #
- Arts of Chinese Tea #
- Arts of Coffee #
- Event Planning and Operations Management
- Alcoholic Beverage Production and Entrepreneurship
- Strategic Management in International Wine Business Operations
- Industrial Attachment*
# Enrichment module plus 2 electives from 5 modules (maximum 3 modules)
* Depending on the job nature and study programme, the industrial attachment will be arranged at an appropriate time during the period of study