About this course
The Economics examines and explains the interactions that result from the economic functions and relationships of companies, households and government within a larger economic and monetary area, usually a country, but also on national economies.
Study objective is the acquisition of knowledge of economic institutions, relationships and processes as well as insight into the increasingly complex economic and social processes and practice in the ability to see economic problems in their social context, to analyze using scientific methods and apply solution methods can ,
In addition to a broad and detailed training in the fundamentals of economics and training in the following areas of specialization in economics is offered in the Master's program:
- Applied Microeconomics (Applied Microeconomics)
- Economics of the public sector (Public Economics)
- Growth and Business Cycle Theory and Policy (Growth and Business Cycles)
- Financial Markets (Financial Markets)
In addition, students are familiarized with the most important research methods in the context of the seminars. In elective area there is the possibility of a solid training in statistical and econometric methods.
The Department of Economics has a network of 26 universities in Europe, with which exchanges are agreed. Use Each year about 35 students this network to study for one or two semesters at a foreign partner university.
The Master program will be conducted in English.
Prerequisite for the opening of the master program is a bachelor's degree in relevant field or an equivalent degree.
For enrollment must be evidenced by a certificate stating that the conditions are met for receiving a master's degree program in accordance with examination regulations and study skills Statute.
According to the study qualification statutes following linguistic conditions that have to be detected at enrollment are:
- good reading skills (C1 to CEF, see: www.goethe.de/z/50/commeuro/303.htm ) in English language, demonstrated in particular by the school certificate (at least four years education, completion of at least a grade of satisfactory (07)) or
- TOEFL® ITP (Paper-based test): 550 points or comparable test or
- Conclusion of an English-language Bachelor's program