About this course
The focal point of the 6-semester Bachelor’s program is to examine media and mass communication as well as public forms of personal correspondence (e.g. online forums). Communication scientists research both the producers as well as the users of media. Important questions are:
- How does mass media work and how is the content designed?
- How do people use the media and what effects does the media have on them?
The study program teaches the following:
- Principles of media and communication science
- Empirical-analytical working methods
- Application of knowledge in practice and in research projects
- Insights into the fundamentals of politics and science
- If you received your qualification for admission to higher education (HZB) at a foreign school even though your primary place of residence is in Germany, then your degree must be deemed to be equivalent by the Ministry of Education in the state in which you reside.