- Higher-education entrance qualification
- Good German-language knowledge.
- The “Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH)” is the German language proficiency examination required for admission to universities
The major concerns of the B.Sc. course in Sport Science (50%) are fourfold: (1.) Theory (lectures, seminars), (2.) Sport in Theory and Practice (practical seminars, practical classes, elective subjects, excursions), (3.) Research Methods (lecture, practical class) and (4.) Cross-Disciplinary Skills (ÜK). Standard course duration is six semesters.
Foundational theoretical instruction focuses on four sectors:
- Sport and Education (Sport Pedagogy, Sport Didactics)
- Sport, the Individual and Society (Psychology, Sociology and History of Sport)
- Movement and Training (Kinesiology, Training Science)
- Body, Performance, Health (Sport Orthopaedics, Sport Physiology)