- Higher-education entrance qualification
- Good German-language knowledge
- The “Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH)” is the German language proficiency examination required for admission to universities
Standard course duration is six semesters. The following combinations are possible:
- B.A. course in Assyriology 75%. This is the main-course option (75%) encompassing the study of Assyriology plus Near Eastern Archaeology and requiring students to choose a freely selectable subsidiary subject (25%). The only option excluded as a subsidiary subject is of course Near Eastern Archaeology. In addition, 20 credit points for “cross-disciplinary skills” have to be acquired.
- B.A. course in Assyriology 50%. This is a first main-course option (50%) encompassing the study of Assyriology only (without Near Eastern Archaeology). It requires students to choose a freely selectable second main subject. In addition, 20 credit points for “cross-disciplinary skills” have to be acquired, 10 in each subject.
- B.A. course in Assyriology 25%. This is Assyriology as a subsidiary (minor) course to go with a main subject accounting for 75% of the study workload.
The B.A. course concludes with the B.A. thesis and an oral examination. Graduates can go on to take the M.A. course in Assyriology (standard course duration 4 semesters).