In order to be admitted to the English Masterprogram ‘Cognitive Science‘ at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum, the following requirements have to be met: a Study Competence Test and a Language Competence Test
- Study Competence Test: A Bachelor Degree of at least 180 credit points from inside the European Union (EU), or an equivalent degree from outside the EU. The following additional considerations are in order: in case of a single subject BA degree, the subject has to belong to one of the disciplines listed below; in case of a double subject BA degree, at least one subject from this list has been studied for 60 credit points, while the other has been studied for 15 credit point. Relevant subjects are: Cognitive Sciences, Philosophy, Psychology, Neuroscience, Informatics, Linguistics or Mathematics and equivalent subjects. Other subjects are considered equivalent when there is a significant overlap in subject description, e.g. Neuroinformatics or Neurobiology. Biology is accepted as a relevant subject if the program includes a sufficient amount of Neurobiology or Bio-Informatics (at least 20 CP).
- Language Competence Test: An English proficiency level of at least B2 GeR (Gemeinsamer Europäischer Referenzrahmen) is required for admission to the Masterprogram. Evidence of this can be provided by means of the UNIcert® II-Zertifikats or the following scores on other English proficiency tests: IELTS 6,0, TOEFL IBT 98, TOEFL PBT 597 oder FCE (First Certificate in English). An English proficiency test is NOT required for students who: Are native English speakers, i.e. citizens of one of the following countries: Australia, Canada (with the exception of Quebec), New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland and the United States of America, or have obtained their secondary education in English for at least three years.
- Admission is denied to those who already have failed to succesfully complete a Bachelor or Masterprogram in Cognitive Science (or a related subject) at a German University
- Introductory Lecture
- Basic Methods
- Topic Selection I
- Advanced Methods
- Topic Selection II
- Further Specialization Module
- Interdisciplinary Research Module
- Proposal Master Thesis
- Master Thesis