Admission Criteria for the field of specialization No. 17 ("Information and Communications") are no less than an excellent four year B.Sc. Degree (top 5 % of class) from a renowned university in Electrical Engineering, Information Engineering, Communication Technology or related field e.g. data processing and transmission technologies, computer science and electronic system development. Applicants should have a strong mathematical background.
The program is taught in English and we therefore require proof of proficiency in English (TOEFL (>230 points for computer based test or >570 points for paper based test or >88 points for internet based test), IELTS (>6,5), Unicert III or UCLES CAE (grade C)).
Our master degree program has been developed in close cooperation with industry partners and aims not only to develop student's understanding of the concepts of Information Technology, but also to enhance their transferable skills in areas such as research, problem solving, critical thinking and independent learning. A strong emphasis is placed on the integration of theoretical and practical elements of the program, e.g. case studies and realistic development scenarios.
- Communication Systems and Protocols
- Systems and Software Engineering
- Mikrowellentechnik/Microwave Engineering
- Integrated Systems of Signal Processing
- Optimization of Dynamic Systems (=Optimierung dynamischer Systeme)
- Nonlinear Optics
- Advanced Radio Communication II
- Optical Transmitters and Receivers
- Wave Propagation and Radio Channels for Mobile Communications
- Advanced Radio Communications I
- Microwave Laboratory I
- Praktikum Optische Kommunikationstechnik