Applicants need to fulfill the following criteria to be considered:
- Proof of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a field of study close to the MA program (i.e. International Relations or Political Science).
- A transcript of undergraduate courses and grades.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members who can attest the quality of the candidate.
- Proof of proficiency in English. A minimum score of 90 (TOEFL internet-based), 575 (TOEFL paper-based), 230 (TOEFL computer-based), 6.5 (IELTS) or C1 (Common European Framework) is required. Students who have received a prior degree from an English-language university are exempt from this requirement.
- An essay explaining why you are choosing this program and what your research interests are.
- Examples of scholarly work, if they are available.
- Documented international experience is helpful but not required.
Year 1: Semesters 1 and 2 (October April) include 60 ECTS credits of taught-course modules at University of Leeds following the establishedMSc Structural Geology with Geophysics. The period from May to September, students that are being sponsored by companies this will be an opportunity for the students to return to their host company. Other students will be encouraged to undertake summer internships through company links.
Year 2: Semesters 3 and 4 (September – August) will include 60 ECTS credits of taught-course modules at Jacobs University. The period of April – August is for the MSc thesis worth 30 ECTS credits for an independent project that could be based in either University of Leeds or Jacobs.