About this course
The joint MSc degree programme in Petroleum Exploration is two year program comprising of the first year in Leeds followed by the second year at Jacobs Univeristy. Courses will include lectures, computer labs, field excursions, project work, summer industry internships, group work, soft skills and optional language courses. The final MSc thesis work may be conducted either at Jacobs University or University of Leeds.
Applicants need to fulfill the following criteria to be considered:
- Proof of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a field of study close to the MA program (i.e. International Relations or Political Science).
- A transcript of undergraduate courses and grades.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members who can attest the quality of the candidate.
- Proof of proficiency in English. A minimum score of 90 (TOEFL internet-based), 575 (TOEFL paper-based), 230 (TOEFL computer-based), 6.5 (IELTS) or C1 (Common European Framework) is required. Students who have received a prior degree from an English-language university are exempt from this requirement.
- An essay explaining why you are choosing this program and what your research interests are.
- Examples of scholarly work, if they are available.
- Documented international experience is helpful but not required.